ISO 31000 vs COSO ERM - The Great Debate
In this session, global experts will discuss the strengths and weaknesses of two leading risk management frameworks covering everything from what’s good, what’s bad, what could/should be improved, how to “cherry pick” the best from both, which one is most likely to be favored by regulators globally, and much more. You might even learn a new framework or two!
- Describe the key concepts behind the new ISO 31000 now in close to final form and COSO 2017 enterprise risk management frameworks
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of risk management frameworks
- Share ideas on how to improve on existing frameworks and build your own customized approach to ERM
- Tim Leech, provocative COSO critic in the past, who has now publicly endorsed the new COSO 2017 ERM framework – “the right emphasis at the right time”
- Norman Marks, retired CAE and CRO; and evangelist for better run business. Outspoken critic of the new COSO 2017 ERM framework – “not what the world needed now”
- Alex Sidorenko, participant in the development of ISO 31000 scheduled for release in 2018 – “neither efforts are really hitting the mark”
- Scott Mitchell, OCEG Founder, recognized Influencer in Corporate Governance, Risk and Compliance, host and moderator
CPE Credit Notice : This is a group internet-based event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. OCEG webinars are free for anyone to attend, but only Attendees who have an OCEG All Access Pass will receive a Certificate of Completion for the webinar indicating 1 hour of CPE credit.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds, please contact OCEG at firstname.lastname@example.org.