GDPR and Breach Notification: Is the Boogeyman Really Coming for You? When Good Enough Really Is. . . Good Enough
Are you struggling with GDPR compliance? If so, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to learn how to streamline your compliance process.
OCEG (Open Compliance & Ethics Group), the global nonprofit think tank that invented GRC, and Unified Compliance, the publisher of the world’s largest compliance library, the Unified Compliance Framework® will join forces for this insightful discussion on GDPR compliance on June 5, 2018 at 8 a.m. PDT, 11 a.m. EDT.
Many risk and privacy officers are struggling with the new GDPR compliance requirements and aren't sure what are best practices, what are acceptable practices, and what is really necessary for their organizations. These new EU regulations addressing handling and processing of personal information are creating a level of compliance concern not seen since the start of Sarbanes Oxley regulation.
There’s been a lot of hype about the GDPR and many organizations are in a frenzy, spending huge amounts of time and money to comply. But, would you be surprised to learn that not every organization needs to comply with every mandate in the GDPR? Or that it isn't really as difficult to comply as some consultants are telling you?
In this webinar, you will learn that by starting with a strategic approach, you’ll be able to narrow your compliance focus down to only those things that are necessary for your particular organization.
What You Will Learn:
- Identify the questions to ask yourself to determine how your organization needs to comply
- Separate hype from reality as related to GDPR compliance
- Define why it doesn’t always make business sense to implement all of the GDPR
- Identify the critical controls required to collect data and respond to incidents
At the end of this webinar, you’ll be the hero who slew the GDPR Boogeyman. You’ll be able to:
- Turn off the GDPR disaster preparation mania gripping your organization
- Create and implement a realistic GDPR compliance plan
- Think strategically and fight against the message from the compliance industry that demands perfection and compliance with every remotely applicable regulation - in the GDPR and beyond
- Jason Mefford, Lead Singer, Rock N Roll Risk Management & OCEG Fellow
- Dorian Cougias, co-founder of Unified Compliance
CPE Credit Notice
This is a group internet-based event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. OCEG webinars are free for anyone to attend, but only Attendees who have an OCEG All Access Pass will receive a Certificate of Completion for the webinar indicating 1 hour of CPE credit.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds, please contact OCEG at firstname.lastname@example.org.