World-Class Risk Management Slide Deck
Join Richard Steinberg and Norman Marks for a conversation about the effective management of risk. Rick Steinberg was a senior partner with PwC and led the development of the COSO – ERM Integrated Framework. Norman Marks, who is not only an OCEG Fellow...
Join Richard Steinberg and Norman Marks for a conversation about the effective management of risk. Rick Steinberg was a senior partner with PwC and led the development of the COSO – ERM Integrated Framework. Norman Marks, who is not only an OCEG Fellow but an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Risk Management, is a retired executive who has led both the risk management and internal audit functions – and has a new book published, World Class Risk Management.
Rick and Norman are influential thought leaders in the field of risk management. In this webinar, they will share their views on topics such as:
- What are risk and risk management, anyway? Should the ability to manage risk be an essential management skill rather than a separate function and process?
- Why do so many top executives and board members see risk management as a compliance activity rather than helping them achieve their objectives?
- What is the relationship between risk management and internal control?
- What should the board be doing when it comes to risk management?
- What constitutes world-class risk management?
- Understand how the management of risk can and should be far more than a compliance exercise; it should contribute to organizational success
- Learn how the management of risk includes seizing opportunities as well as avoiding hazards – as part of the daily running of the business
- Learn from a primary contributor to the COSO internal control and risk management frameworks about the relationship between internal control and risk management
- Learn what makes a risk management activity “world-class”
Richard Steinberg, CEO, Steinberg Governance Advisors, and a former senior partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers and its Corporate Governance Practice Leader
Norman Marks, a semi-retired CAE and CRO, evangelist for better run business and mentor for individuals and organizations around the world