In this webinar, we will walk you through the four areas of information about external risk that must be known by the CFO and managed to achieve Principled Performance. We will review tools that you can use to make sure external risks are identified and addressed.
Organizations that are better equipped to fully address the monitoring and management of risks that arise from events that occur outside of the organization - those that are part of the external environment and that can be devastating to the organization - are at a definite advantage over their less prepared peers. When the CFO, the executive team and board are equipped with information that enables them to focus on these potentially entity-threatening risks, they are better able to ensure the achievement of objectives and make strategic decisions that drive value. Successfully explaining the opportunities inherent in managing external risks separates high performing from stagnant businesses.
OCEG and SAP recently developed a new playbook entitled What the CFO Needs to Know about External Risks- Achieving Objectives in the Face of Risk to provide context for internal discussions and tools that you can use to drive better approaches for understanding of external risks in your organization. We will review the Playbook in this webinar.
- Outline the four key aspects of information about external risk that are relevant to the job of the CFO
- Define methods for ensuring that the organization adequately monitors and documents information about external risk events and factors
- Define methods for ensuring that the organization has a system of triggers, notices and reports to ensure response to identified changes as needed to maintain strong risk management
- Define methods for ensuring that the organization operates an effective method of mapping each risk to related objectives, related business processes, established controls and other relevant information
- Define methods for ensuring that the organization organizes this critical information to ensure that it is agile and responsive to change in a way that enhances the reliability of the achievement of objectives
- Bruce Romney, Global Marketing Lead, SAP GRC and Security Solutions
- Carole Switzer, Co-Founder and President, OCEG
Field of Study: Management Services
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
CPE Credit Notice
This is a group internet-based event for NASBA authorized continuing education credit. OCEG webinars are free for anyone to attend, but only Attendees who have an OCEG All Access Pass will receive a Certificate of Completion for the webinar indicating 1 hour of CPE credit.
OCEG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. For information regarding administrative issues such as complaints or refunds, please contact OCEG at email@example.com.